Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash June Kit Reveal

Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday and June 1st! I hope you are having a good week so far. I am still messed up on what day it is from the long weekend! The new month means it is time for a new Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Kit reveal!


Before I get to this month's kit I'll give a quick update on my May kit. I once again only managed to get two layouts made with my kit. That seems like the running theme here lately! I would still like to get a couple more layouts from my May kit so it will stay beside my desk for a little while longer!

If you are new here or haven't heard about Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Kit - here is all you need to know about it! Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash is a challenge that my good friend Lisa and I do every month in an attempt to get our stash used up. We pull items from our stash based on a "recipe" (which you will see below) and use those items throughout the month.

Now, onto my June kit!

Here is our "recipe" for June:


Our "recipe" is to pull 10 patterned papers from our stash, 5-7 scraps, 3-4 embellishments, and we always have a focus item for the month, and this month that item is tags.

It is very rare that I strictly stick to that recipe - and this month is no exception! I think I have a total of 15 patterned papers, a "few" more scraps, and my embellishments...well, let's just say I couldn't settle on just 3-4! 

Here's a look at my kit:


I know I am going to be scrapping summer photos this month so my kit is full of summertime goodness. I have plans to work on Ada's 2019 Summer Bucket List TN, Ada's 2021 Summer Memories 6x8 flipbook, Ada's School TN, and whatever other summertime photos I want to scrap. I am in full summer mode right now!

I've gone ahead and broken my kit into two separate mini-kit even though the papers and embellishments will all work together. Here are all of the papers together:

I have pulled papers from the new Simple Stories Summer Lovin' collection and a few papers from Simple Stories' Sunkissed collection, and there are a few papers from Simple Stories' Sunshine and Happiness collection from 2016. Those are all on the back row. The front row is all Echo Park - Fine and Dandy collection from 2014. 

Here is a closer look at the Simple Stories summer kit papers:


I cannot wait to use that lightning bug paper! I have been waiting to do a layout of Ada catching lightning bugs for her in 2019 Summer Bucket List TN and my patience - or maybe it's more my procrastination - has finally paid off! That will be one of the first projects I do this month!

Here are the cut apart papers and embellishments that I have included: 


I have the sticker sheet, sticker book, and ephemera packs from the new Summer Lovin' collection. Since I will be working on Ada's 6x8 album, I included as many cut apart papers as I could. I may even get a project life layout done this month. 

Here is a look at the Echo Park kit:


I love the papers/colors in this collections and when I saw that cute little turtle I thought of two layouts that I need to get made - one of Ada befriending a turtle in our field, which she named Bob, and a tiny little turtle that Scott saved from getting hit by the lawn mower. These papers are basic enough that they can be used for just about anything else I mgith want to scrap.

Here are the papers:


And the embellishments:


I have the cut apart paper and stickers from the Fine and Dandy collection  and I pulled a few alphabet sticker sheets thatI thought might work with both collections. 

I also included a few random embellishments that I would like to see if I could get used this month:


I have included a few doilies, a piece of wax paper wtih some random summer stickers left on it that I would like to use up, some Pink Fresh puffy hearts, some old Jillibean Soup circle labels, and then I threw in some washi tape and stamps. All of these stamp sets are relatively new and never been used (except my label stamps - they get used a lot!) and I am hoping to get a few of them inked up this month.

I also found these sticker sheets and thought they would mostly go with my kit, so I pulled them instead of putting them back in my sticker bin:


I have included some scraps that I had all together in a page protector:


There's mostly scraps from Simple Stories' Sunkissed collection but there are a few random scraps in there that will work with my kit, too. 

I have not forgotten about our focus item - tags. I don't have a ton of tags in my stash - I usually just make my own as I need them, but I did include a couple of tag papers from Simple Stories to try to use up this month:


And that does it for my June kit! I am looking forward to digging into it and getting started!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has pulled together for this month. 

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing collection of Summer goodies!! Love your kits!! I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful kit that looks very summery bright and bold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May 2022 kit cardstock and washi tapes were used for card #1 in this posting= https://beccasheartland.blogspot.com/2022/07/miucb-1-july-2022-challenge-new-dt.html

    ReplyDelete