Saturday, June 18, 2022

TN Time With Lisa & Lori June Challenge

 Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! It's another hot one around here. It looks like summer arrived a bit early this year and I don't mind a bit! I could do with a little less humidity but I can't really change it, so I will just go with it It makes the pool a delight to jump into!

It is time for TN Time With Lisa & Lori's June challenge! We are running a little behind this month but sometimes life just gets in the way of our hobbies! And it's better late than never, right?! 

Before I get to the challenge, I want to say a big thank you to Kim for playing along with our May challenge! 

Now,if you are new here and you don't know what this challenge is all about - here is how it works - this is a just-for-fun monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you complete just Lisa's sketch challenge, link up over on her blog - My Creative Endeavors. If you combine both challenges - be sure to link up on both Lisa's blog and here on my blog.

Here is my June challenge:


Just a label or a tab to your layout.

Here is the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us to use this month:


And this is what I came up with:

 
I am back to working on Ada's School TN. My goal is to get all caught up on it before she starts 3rd grade in the fall. It's definitely doable - I just need to keep on it!

This is her last day of kindergarten picture. Kindergarten was such a hard year for her. She had never been away from her Mom and Dad or me and Pops and it was definitely an adjustment for her. Most days started with tears but more often than not they ended with smiles. She loved the work that she had to do - it was just the separation that was hard for her. And then the Pandemic hit and they went to remote learning on March 17th. I felt like she was cheated out of so many of the fun experiences a kindergartner gets to have. No field trip to the zoo, no kindergarten graduation, but I am so glad that she was safe at home!

I used Echo Park's First Day of School for this layout - I just stayed away from anything that said "First Day!" Since Ada has on a light blue shirt in the photo I picked out some of the blue papers in the collection and then accented my layout with green and red. 

Here is a better look at the left-side page:


I die cut my title from the Impression Obsession metal dies. I die cut a few heats to scatter about, as well. To satisfy my challenge to use a label or a die, I added a label and layered a sticker over the top of it. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:





The journaling on the tag is mostly what I included above. It's kind of the condensed version of everything I had to say. I figure if I have too much more to say that I can always add it to the pocket behind the tag.

Here is a close-up of the right page:


I added a tab with the date above the photo. I feel like labels and tabs and TN layouts just go hand in hand!

Be sure to head on over to Lisa's beautiful blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see her take on this month's challenge. 

Now, even though this is a just-for-fun challenge we do have a few rules:

1. Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2. Create a new, not previously posted project.
3. You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4. If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5. You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6. You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable Lori!! Such a bummer for all the kids during the pandemic and especially the kindergartners! I don't know how the parents did it- yikes!! Such a cute picture of Ada to document though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Ada layouts are always the best and the cutest!!! Terrific interpretation of the sketch and placement for the tab! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete