Sunday, June 12, 2022

His Name is Bob - LM #603 - Frames

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend! We have had such a good - and busy - weekend around here, starting with our trip to Incredible Pizza on Friday with Ada and Shane. I am happy to say they both loved it and I know we will be going back soon! I even had a chance to stop in at Scrapbook Generation and do a little birthday shopping. When we got home we took a walk down to the creek and saw the neighbor's horses by the fence and Ada could not have been happier about that! One of the horses was very friendly and was happy to get love pats from Ada. 

Then on Saturday, we took them to Bennett Spring to see the fish - which the hatchery was pretty empty - but the water was beautiful! We finished off the day in the pool - the first time this summer that it has been warm enough to actually get in it! Such a good way to start the weekend! And now I am hoping that today I can spend some time in my scrap room!

Today I am sharing the layout that I made for this week's challenge at Lasting Memories. The challenge for this week is to use frames in a different way on our layouts. Most of the time frames are used to showcase a photo - so this week we want you to use your frames in a different way - maybe to add layers, showcase anything other than a photo, or use it in your page design. I used a couple of Polaroid-style frames for my cluster bases:


I used this sketch from Sketch N Scrap - which is the sketch I chose for today's Challenge #3 in our monthly challenges group on Facebook:


I love all of the layers on this sketch and thought it was perfect to get some of the papers used that I put in my Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash kit for June. The papers that I used are from Echo Park's Fine and Dandy collection. I had intended to use the cute little turtle sticker in this collection, but then I remembered I had put the Jen Hadfield - A Kid at Heart - stamp in my kit and thought it would be perfect to stamp a little turtle for each of my clusters. 

I took these photos of Ada with a little turtle we found on a walk in our field. I was really surprised that she touched the little guy's shell! Usually, she says "no"  - but this time she was all for it. She immediately told us that his name was "Bob" and when we tried to get her to name it something else, she would say "No, his name is BOB!" It didn't take Bob long to make his way to the woods and be gone forever, but she sure enjoyed him for a little while!

Here are a few close-ups:


For that cute little turtle stamp - I used watercolors to make a few 'splotches' on a piece of cardstock. Once it was dry, I stamped the image on top of the 'splotches' and then fussy cut it out. I think it is the cutest little turtle ever! I popped up on foam tape for a little dimension.


Here is my first Polaroid-style frame. I loved the fact that it already had the hello friend banner on the bottom! I added a couple of layers of vellum behind the frame to help tone down the patterned papers and picture underneath it.  A few flower stickers and another turtle finished off this cluster.


This cluster has another Polaroid-style frame - and it says 'perfect together' on it - another fitting sentiment! I love how this cluster turned out! It took a bit of me fiddling with it, but I do love the results!

I will add a bit of journaling - I just haven't decided if I will add it directly to the layout or if I will add it to a tag to slip behind one of the photos. 

Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories to see the rest of the layouts from the design team, and check out Sketch N Scrap's June crop challenges in the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges Facebook group.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment