Thursday, June 2, 2022

Sweet - Best of 30 Days of Sketches With Christy's Beautiful Life - Day 2



Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! We are getting ever closer to the weekend and I am ready! It has been a short work week but a busy one for us. 

I am so excited to be participating in Christy's Beautiful Life's Best of 30 Days of Sketches (#bestof30dscbl)! There is a Facebook group -  30 Days of Sketches With Christy's Beautiful Life - where all of the sketches for this round and the previous nine rounds are posted, so be sure to check it out! 

I was given the day two sketch which is from Series One of 30 Days of Sketches and it was created by the talented Suzanna Lee (@suzlee72 on Instagram). Here is a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


I used Bella Blvd's Squeeze the Day collection for this layout of Miss Ada. Abby took these photos of her way back in 2018 and said they were some of her favorites  - and they are some of my favorites, too! They were just spending time together in their backyard and I love the flower that Ada has in her hair.

This was such a fun sketch to work with! I distressed all of the edges of the patterned papers and outlined them with a black pen. I added a couple of extra layers behind my photo and added a border along the bottom of my layout. Other than that I stayed true to the sketch.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I fussy cut all of the watermelon, strawberry, and rainbow pieces from one of the patterned papers. I added a couple of hearts, a word phrase sticker, and enamel dots to finish off this cluster.


I've had this "sweet" rubber word from an old Amy Tangerine collection floating around in my die-cut boxes for a while now. I am so glad that I got it on a layout!


I felt like the bottom of the layout needed a little something to ground it, so I added a couple of strips of patterned paper and created another cluster in the right-hand corner. I don't know that I would always use a form of the word 'sweet' so repetitively, but it kind of works for me on this layout of "Sweet" Ada!

Please head on over to Instagram to see how the others in my group took on this sketch. Just look for me - 

 @lori_670 and 
@scrappyadam
@scrapgirl2018
@heathers_papercreations
@pattyscustomdesigns

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment