Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Heart's Quest Challenge Blog - Love Theme #7 - Love & Flowers

Hello and Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having a good week.

It is time for a new challenge at Heart's Quest Challenge Blog today and since it is the first challenge of the month, that means it is a Love Theme challenge. You are to use the word "love" - or some form of it - AND flowers on your project. Two of my favorite things to use!

This is what I came up with:


To satisfy the two parts of the challenge, I titled this layout 'So lovely'  and I used floral patterned paper and flower stickers.

I am back to working in Ada's School TN for this challenge. I am getting so close to being current with this project! My goal is to be all caught up by the time this year's school photos come in - or soon thereafter. They take those photos tomorrow so I've just got a couple of weeks to get five layouts done. Definitely doable as long as nothing comes up!

This TN is getting quite chunky! I was hoping to get kindergarten through third grade in this one but I may have to stop at second grade - another reason I want to get those last few layouts done, so I know what to do!

I (loosely) based this off of this month's TN Time With Lisa & Lori sketch. I flipped the sketch and left the tags off of my layout. Here's a look at the sketch:


Here is a better look at the left side of the layout:


The flowers on the patterned paper are a really light pink so I added pink in a few more places around my layout. I really like this color combination and I'm not sure I would have thought to add pink with the golden yellow and forest green, but it works.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I was a bit stuck on what embellishments I was going to use, but I found just what I needed in my Maggie Holmes embellishments. Here sticker books are some of my favorite things to turn to when I need an embellishment. They are so versatile when pairing them with other manufacturers.


The gold glitter hearts were on foam and I did not want to add that much dimension, so I peeled the gold glitter heart off of the foam and used them just like a sticker. 

Here is a better look at the right side of the layout:

I love how this title piece turned out! I layered up several of the pink flower stickers to create a little cluster - or bouquet - of flowers. It's pretty plain and simple but I really like it!

Head on over to the Heart's Quest Challenge Blog and check ou the challenge! I would love it if you playd along with us! This challenge runs from September 14 to September 27 at 12:30 AM Central Time.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment: