Friday, June 16, 2023

The Good Stuff - Sketch N Scrap #275

 Happy Friday! I hope you have had a good week and that you are ready for the weekend! It has been a very busy week around here and I am hoping that the weekend will bring some slower days for us!

Today I am sharing the layout that I made for Sketch N Scrap's June 15th sketch. Here is a look at the sketch that I made for us to use:



These photos are of Ada on one of our "Girl's Day" earlier this year. She is following in her Momma's footsteps and loves to read, and if you can get a "coffee" to go along with her book, even better! She read her book the whole time we were in Springfield and had it finished by the time we got home. She is just like me in that regard - once I start a book, I can't put it down until it's done! Hence why I don't read very often!

I used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash mini-kit #2 for this layout. I even managed to get a few items from my bashket on this layout! I am hoping to use some of the scraps that I have left on a traveler's notebook layout before the end of the month.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


The alpha stickers are the only things that were not included in my kit or in my bashket. I wanted something that would work with the acrylic brackets that I had included in my kit. 


I used lots of stickers in this cluster. I knew I wanted to use the 'coffee and a good book' puffy sticker on this layout because that phrase was said many times on our girl's day. I added a yellow mat to the sticker with the stack of books to help it stand out a bit more. 


The metal scalloped circle and the flower brads were included in my bashket - and so were the word/phrase stickers. I used six of the flower brads - which was half of what was in the pack - on this layout. I wish there was a date on the package because I would love to know how long they've been hanging out in my scrap room! I am so happy to get at least some of them on a layout! I added a puffy sticker to the middle of the scalloped circle to finish it off. I love how this little cluster turned out.

And this morning was a bit bittersweet. Abby and I ran to Springfield to pick up a few things and I was able to stop by Tuesday Morning one last time before they close for good. The windows were full of going out of business signs and the store is starting to really empty out.


Everything was 50% off and I was surprised to see the scrapbook aisle still had quite a bit of stuff. At least more than I was expecting.


I truly did not "need" anything, but I couldn't leave there without getting a few things! Here is my last Tuesday Morning haul:


Lots (like 12 packs) of ephemera/die-cut packs, chipboard stickers and frames, a sticker book from Simple Stories' Into the Wild collection (for $2.25!), a couple of stamp sets, a ticket metal die, a set of washi tape, a few notebooks, and a Simple Stories paper kit. Not bad for my last haul! I am so sad to see them go - they took a lot of my money over the years - but I am so glad I got to shop one last time with them.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment