Monday, September 4, 2023

First Day - Sketch N Scrap #280

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I hope your week is off to a good start. We are enjoying the last day of our long holiday weekend. It's back to feeling like summertime today, so staying inside and doing a little scrapping in the air conditioning is definitely in order!

Today I am sharing my take on the September 1st sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Here is a look at the great sketch that Lisa created for us to use:


And here is my layout:


 It is that time of year for back-to-school photos and I was so excited that I got to get pictures of my girls on their first day. Miss Ada is in 4th grade this year and Abby is starting her 11th year teaching. 

I used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash September kit for this layout. The school themed papers helped to make this layout come together quickly. I was able to use a few items from my bashket on this layout, too. I used the Jenni Bowlin chalkboard alpha stickers for the title and the Jillibean Soup journaling bit with the number 4 on it since Ada is in the fourth grade. The apple was in the pack of school-themed chipboard, although it looks like I fussy cut it from a piece of paper. The red scallped border sticker was in my bashket from a previous month. Since the majority of it is covered up and I love it, I cut just enough of the sticker to show and saved the rest for a traveler's notebook layout. The off cut should fit on a traveler's notebook layout perfectly.

I used up quite a few scraps that I had included in my kit, and of course, I made a few more scraps. I am hoping with working on Ada's school tn that I will make a good dent in my school themed mini-kit this month.

Here are a couple of close-ups:



Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog for more inspiration using this sketch. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment