Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #249

 Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday to you! I hope that you are having a good week so far. The weather the last few days has been absolutely beautiful with high temps in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Maybe, just maybe, we're done with the really hot weather!

Today I am sharing the card that I created for Sketch N Scrap's September 5th card sketch. Here is a look at the great sketch that Lisa created for us to use:



I decided that I had better get started on my Christmas cards for this year, so the next few cards that I share will probably be Christmas. 

For this card, I have used Crate Papers' Mittens & Mistletoe 6x8 paper pad and stickers. I loved this collection when it came out in 2021 and had to have most of it. Sadly, I think this may be the first time I have used any of it! For two years it has sat in my stash untouched! That is why, even though it was very hard, I told myself I could not buy any new Christmas collections this year. I have way too much sitting in my stash not getting used and it is time to change that!

This card came together so quickly and I know this sketch will be one of my go-to sketches. 

Here is a closer look at the focal point of my card:


I added a few pine sprig stickers around my poinsettia sticker to fill in a bit of the empty space. I typed up my sentiment on the computer and printed it out because a small sentiment could not be found on the sticker sheet and I didn't take the time to get out my Christmas stamps!

Have you had a chance to play along with us at Sketch N Scrap? We would love to see your take on our sketches this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I know posting has been sporadic as of late, but I am hoping that changes going forward. You can always follow me on Instagram, too. Sometimes I post my projects over there but don't write up a blog post. You can find me here:

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment