Saturday, April 27, 2024

Little Joys - Sketch N Scrap Smaller Format Sketch

Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. We are having a much-needed break from the rain today and crossing our fingers that the storms that are supposed to move in tonight weaken before they get here!

Today I am sharing the layout I made for Sketch N Scrap's Challenge #5. This is a smaller format sketch that is shared in Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges private Facebook group. Here is a look at the sketch:


And here is my layout:


I used this sketch to make a traveler's notebook layout. Well, I guess this could be considered a traveler's notebook layout. The dimensions are a tad bigger than the traditional size. This one measures 5.75x8.25, so almost 6x8. I found this notebook at Walmart for $1 and wanted to give it a try. The bigger size allowed me to use a little bit bigger photos than I would have used on a smaller size. 

For this layout, I used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit for April! I am so happy that I finally used this kit! Most of this layout was made using Echo Park's Our Story Matters collection.

The photos are of Ada flying a kite that I picked up for her on spring break. It was hard for us to find a day when the wind was just right. It's been so windy this spring. Like 30-40 mph winds consistently for days. We finally got a not-to-windy day and took advantage of it. We all went out - even Shane - and took a turn at flying the kites. There is something so relaxing about flying a kite!

Here are a few close-ups:


The title came from the sticker book from this collection. 


I used a view master reel that I die-cut from one of the papers in the collection as my cluster base. I added a couple of die-cuts and a sticker to finish this cluster off.


I added the date to this small cluster to bring a bit of black to the cluster.


I'm still sticking with my goal of using at least one stamp on my layouts. I stamped 'Best Day Ever' in black at the bottom of the page to add another punch of black to the layout. I finished off the area with a couple of enamel dots. 


I added hidden journaling behind the photo on the left side of the layout. 

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration using our sketches. Stop by and visit our private Facebook group, too! We would love to see your beautiful creations!


Don't forget - we are getting ready to celebrate Sketch N Scrap's 12th Birthday in May! 12 years of free sketches for your enjoyment! I do hope you join us all month long for the celebration. We will have our regular sketches on the 1st, 5th, 15th, and 20th, a new - exclusive sketch to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, 3 new - exclusive birthday bash sketches every Saturday starting on the 11th, and we will be having challenges every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the month! Be sure to join our Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges Facebook group so you don't miss out on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment