Saturday, May 25, 2024

Sketch N Scrap's Birthday Bash Sketch #3

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! We have made it to the weekend - and it's the long holiday weekend, too!  We have a few little projects around the house that we will be working on this weekend - as long as the rain holds off.

Today I am sharing the layout I made for Sketch N Scrap's 3rd - and final -  exclusive Birthday Bash sketch. Here is a look at the sketch, created by me:


And here is my layout:


I have had these photos of Shane lying around for 20+ years and I thought it was about time I got this story told! We were at the Christmas parade, it was a beautiful day, there were tons of people out for the parade, and lots of candy was being thrown from the floats. We had given Shane a couple of pieces of candy throughout the parade, so we didn't think anything of it when we went to leave and he had a mouthful of something that he was chewing on. When we looked closer we saw he had a big wad of bubblegum in his mouth and he was enjoying it immensely! He was only three at the time and tended to swallow gum if we gave it to him, so he rarely had it. Where he got the bubblegum is a mystery. We don't know if he found a piece that was thrown into the crowd and unwrapped it himself, or if the unthinkable happened and he found a piece of chewed gum on the ground and took it for himself. We really hope that that was not the case! Regardless, we made him spit the gum out before he could swallow it. He keeps us on our toes - and still does 20+ years later!

I pulled out the little bit of Simple Stories' So Rad collection from 2015 that I had left. The background paper with all of the stars was the only full sheet of paper from that collection I had left. I still have a few of the cut-apart pieces that I will hang onto for future boy layouts, but other than that and a few stickers, this collection is done!

Here are a few close-ups:


I always find it a bit of a challenge to embellish layouts like this one - a general "boys will be boys" type layout. Other than stars, there's not much to go by, so I did a lot of fussy cutting and punching out the circles for this layout. 


This is the only area of the sketch that I strayed from. I knew I had a lot to say, so I moved my journaling down to the bottom left corner and added embellishments - or words in this case - to the area where the journaling was to go. 

I fussy cut the camera from one of the papers and the "Dude" word, too. I really wanted an exclamation point after it because we were definitely saying "DUDE! What are you chewing?!" so I found a white exclamation point in one of my alphabet sticker books. I think it adds a little interest.


The background paper is pretty busy, which is another reason I kept my embellishing to just a few stars and circles. 

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog and the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page for more inspiration all month long!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This is SOOOO adorable Lori! I can't believe how much our boys have grown! Wow! Love seeing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete