Thursday, May 2, 2024

Summer Vibes - Sketch N Scrap's May Challenge #1


Hello, hello! Happy Thursday to you! I hope that you are having a good day. 

 If you haven't heard - Sketch N Scrap is turning 12 this month and we are celebrating all month long. Every Tuesday and Thursday of the month, the design team will be providing a challenge for you to try over in our private Facebook group, and today is the first one! I was tasked with the first challenge. My challenge to you is to use the following sketch to create your layout - AND - you must add at least one heart to your layout. Here is the sketch that I chose:


This sketch is from May 2018 and it is one of my favorites! Here is my layout:


For this layout, I have used photos of Miss Ada when they went to Florida a couple of years ago and my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit for May. The colors in my kit were a good match to the colors in Ada's swimsuit. I didn't have any beachy-themed items in my kit, but I didn't worry about that and I just used what I did have in my kit that would work. These pictures will be documented elsewhere and I can use all the beach things then.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I am so glad that our focus item this month for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash was flowers, and I am so glad that I found these paper flowers from Close To My Heart in my stash. I probably would have never thought to use flowers on this layout otherwise. I thought the yellow flowers were giving out a sunshine vibe.


My challenge was to use at least one heart on your layout and I added a few stamped hearts around my layout. The heart stamp is from the Simple Stories Life Captured stamp set. It's always scary to stamp directly on your layout, and I did have a little oopsie, but I just added a couple more flowers to cover it up!


For part of my title, I used the alpha stickers that I had in my kit. I wanted to use different font styles for the two words so I dug in my stash and found the perfect smaller black alphas. It always feels good to show some of those older supplies some love.

Head on over to the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges group on Facebook to check out all of the fun that is going on this month.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment