Friday, May 10, 2024

Stay Cool - Sketch N Scrap #296

 Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! Are you ready for the weekend? I sure am. The stormy weather has finally moved out of our area and the weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. I can't wait!

Today I am sharing the layout I made for Sketch N Scrap's May 1st sketch. Here's a look at the sketch:


And my layout:


For this layout, I have used the Simple Stories Boho Sunshine collection. It was a little tricky because I only had the 6x8 paper pad for my papers, but I made it work with some piecing together!

This was a fun sketch to work with and would be perfect if you needed to use up some scraps. It's going into my favorites folder for that purpose!

The photo is of Miss Ada who looked so cute with her hair up in a clip and her sunglasses on, ready for a fun shopping day with her Mom. I just couldn't resist snapping a photo!

Here are a few close-ups:


Ada was over at our house while I was working on this layout and I got her input on the embellishments. I originally had a sun where the butterfly is, but wanted the pink butterfly to go there. I think she made a good choice!


I got the idea for the title from one of the cut-apart papers in the 6x8 paper pad. I would have just cut it out to use, but it was a little too small for the area it was to go in. Thank goodness the sticker book had an alphabet in it! I added a couple of banners - mostly because it gave my title something to "sit" on and not look as if it was floating on my page. They were a perfect fit to connect one side of the layout to the other, and I didn't even plan that out ahead of time!


I finished the bottom cluster with the camera, smiley face, and sunglasses. 

I love how this layout turned out!

For more inspiration be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog, the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page, and the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges Facebook group. Our 12th Birthday Bash is going on all month long and there are a ton of fun challenges being posted in the group. Come on over and play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment