Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lasting Memories #265 - Keeping Cool At The Pool

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday to you! We are enjoying what is left of our long weekend. Sadly, we won't have another long weekend until Thanksgiving, and that is a month away!

Today over on the Lasting Memories blog, we have our last challenge for October. Our theme for October has been "Hot, hot, hot products" and this week's challenge is "It's a Heat wave" and we are to use chipboard on our layouts.


A great way to beat the heat is to spend time in the pool! This summer was pretty rainy and even cooler than normal around here, so we didn't make it to the pool very often. When we did Ada made the most of it and enjoyed every minute of it. She is such a cutie in her pink swimsuit!

Chipboard is one of those products that I love and I have hoarded it and wouldn't use it because better photos might come along. So, this challenge was great to get some of that hoarded product used up! I never was much of a fan of naked chipboard, so all of my chipboard is covered with patterned paper. The tag in the upper right corner, the hearts, the brackets, and the circle with the sun stamped on it are all covered chipboard pieces. I also used chipboard thickers in my title.

I based my layout off of this sketch from Kelly Hollifield that had been posted in one of the Facebook groups I am in.

 
Be sure to check out the Lasting Memories blog to see the rest of the design team's layouts. I hope you find some time to play along with us. All of our challenges end on October 30.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Great layout Tina, those pictures are so cute. Love this sketch too. Might have to work with that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch. The papers go perfect with the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout Lori! Love the use of the chipboard pieces framing the picture is so cute :) Wonderful take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete