Friday, August 17, 2018

Wild Child -Sketches In Thyme #337

Hello and Happy Friday! Today is move-in day for my oldest son. I can't believe he is a junior in college! I'm a little sad that I don't get to go and help move him in, but it's impossible to do with a four year old and an eighteen year old with severe autism who doesn't do well in crowds! I'm sure his dad will have lots of stories to tell when he gets home.

Today is my day to be featured on the Sketches In Thyme using Sketch #337 - courtesy of Shawn. Here's a look at the sketch:



I thought these photos of Ada jumping in a mud puddle would be perfect for this sketch. I actually have two stories that I would like to tell about these photos, so it is possible they will show up on another layout eventually!

One of the photos I wanted to use was impossible to cut down to a 4x4 size. I cut it down as much as I could, and since the photo above it had quite a bit of dead space in it, I just covered up the bottom portion to get the larger photo on there.

The papers I used came from a couple of different Colorbok paper pads - Mint Julip and Wild and Free - and the colors in these collections matched Ada's dress perfectly. I was able to use all scraps - with the exception of the flower paper that I fussy cut the flowers from - since all I really needed were the two-inch strips down each side.

I changed my journaling to the opposite side of the layout because I had quite a bit to say and it would have covered up too much of the flowers if I kept it where it was on the sketch.

Be sure to stop by Sketches In Thyme - we have design team inspiration every day of the week! We would love it if you played along with any - or all - of our sketches this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I just love this and the way you made the sketch work for you! Love the fussy cut flowers!

    ReplyDelete