Thursday, August 16, 2018

Kitten Smitten - Sketch N Scrap Slice of Summer Crop Bonus Challenge

Hello, everyone! I hope you are having a good day. It was back to school today and it felt a little strange not having any kiddos to get up and ready this morning. I just had to wait for Abby to bring Miss Ada over - such a change this year!

I thought I would share a layout that I made for today's bonus challenge for the Sketch N Scrap Slice of Summer Crop. The challenge is to use any Sketch N Scrap sketch and to use outdoor photos on your layout. I used the August 1st sketch:



Here is what I came up with:


These photos are of Ada playing with some kittens last summer. She loved being able to play with them whenever she came over and they loved all of the attention that they got!

For this layout, I used Doodlebug's - Kitten Smitten - collection. When I bought this collection, back when it first came out, I didn't really buy it for the kitten designs, I was looking more at the "b" sides which were more generic - triangles, plaid, etc. Since I wasn't buying it for the kitten aspect, I didn't bother to get any of the embellishments that went along with it...yeah...boy, am I regretting that now! I did put the paper with the border strips to use since it had some kitty heads that I could fussy cut, and I really like the way this layout turned out.


The yellow on this layout is bright, but not quite as bright as it's showing in the photo. No matter how I tried to edit my photo, the yellow always came out bright.

Head on over to the Slice of Summer Crop and play along with us! We would love to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. You did a fabulous job w/ the sketch! Love your photos, the color combo, the "meow, meow..." strips, and your journaling strips!

    ReplyDelete