Saturday, August 11, 2018

Merry Christmas - Sketch N Scrap's Slice of Summer Crop Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday! I hope you are having a good weekend. We finally got a little rain yesterday - the first in I don't know when - and it was so nice! The yard is still more brown than green, but I am still hoping it will get a little more green to it.


I thought I would pop in here really quickly and share a couple of cards that I made for the Sketch N Scrap - Slice of Summer Crop - Challenge #2.


I am really trying to get the majority of my Christmas cards made early so that I can get them out earlier this year, so I made two just alike.

These cards came together really quickly and I love the way they turned out. I used one 6x6 patterned paper and still had enough left over that I could make one more card just like these if I want to.

I embossed the card front panel with my swiss dot embossing folder, used a scalloped edge border punch on a strip of patterned paper, stamped the tree images (using a really old Close To My Heart stamp set - A1039 Tis the Season) and cut them out, and stamped my sentiment directly onto the white strip. I finished it off by adding some wood veneer stars to the tops of the trees, and on the card on the left, I splattered some Heidi Swapp Gold color shine.

Head on over to the Sketch N Scrap Slice Of Summer Crop and join in on the fun! We would love to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards, great inspiration; need to use my embossing folders more. Like this sketch so I'll be heading over to participate in the crop too.

    ReplyDelete