Sunday, August 18, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #2 - What Is Summer To You

Hello, everyone! I hope your weekend is going good. We had a fun visit yesterday with Abby and Ada and got to hear all about Ada's first two days of kindergarten. She's having lots of fun and is ready for more. When we asked what her favorite part was, she, of course, said - recess!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge has their second challenge of the month posted today and this time Cindy is challenging us to scrap about what summer is to us. 

Here's a reminder of my kit for August:


Summer, for us, means spending lots of time in the pool or keeping cool in the water in some form. I have made a layout for my granddaughter's Summer Bucket List traveler's notebook. She is playing in the water at the splash pad - one of the items on her bucket list:


Everything on my spread came from my August kit with the exception of the small pink alphas.

I actually used a few die cuts from my die-cut boxes and some of the stickers from the Shimelle sticker book and the Heidi Swapp 'Color Fresh' sticker book. I could not believe that I was lucky enough to find a sticker in the Heidi Swapp book that said - checked off the bucket list...how cool is that?!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I added a mix of stickers, stamps, and die-cuts on the full photo page. I wanted to add a little more color to that side of the page and I love how this turned out.


As I said before, I am finally getting started on Ada's summer bucket list traveler's notebook. I figured since Ada had started school and they had marked everything but camping off of their list, that I was safe to get started on it! I am so excited to get this started - and completed - and for them to have a fun reminder of the summer before she started school.

Be sure to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see what summer means to Master Forger Laura and Master Forger Lisa. We would love to see your kits and creations, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of her bucket list and that pink paper! What a fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A summer bucket list is a lot of fun and how great that they managed to work through it and now you are capturing all those fun memories on spreads like this gorgeous one! Maybe I need to make a winter list for me and my DH!

    ReplyDelete