Sunday, August 25, 2019

Wildflower Bouquet - The Studio Challenges - Monochromatic

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a fantastic weekend! We are getting a little taste of fall around here this weekend. Yesterday I don't think it even hit 70 degrees. A nice little preview but I'm not ready for summer to be done just yet!

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges today. This week we want to see a monochromatic layout. Use shades and tones of one color on your layout.

I don't do a lot of monochromatic layouts but I had a lot of fun with this one!


I was going through some older photos last week and I came across these photos of Abby and Shawn just a couple of months before their wedding. I knew I wanted to do a pink layout and thought these photos would work well with that. 

I pulled out all of the pink papers that I had included in my August Counterfeit Kit (you can read all about it here) and these were the papers that made the cut! I then went through my die-cut boxes and sticker books and pulled all of the pink pieces I thought would work. The only thing that wasn't in my kit was the thin washi tape but it was laying on my desk from another project. Having all of this already together made this layout come together so quickly!

I am so happy that I got one of these heart paper clips used! I love how it looks with the puffy heart in the middle of it. Here are a couple of close-ups:




I didn't want just a plain box for my journaling so I put washi tape around all of the edges to dress it up a bit. I added a couple of pink flowers to the corner. I love how it turned out!


About the photos - as I said before, this was just a couple of months before Abby and Shawn's wedding. We all went for a walk in the field behind the house. Shawn started falling behind so we stopped to let him catch up. When he finally caught up with us he had a little bouquet of wildflowers that he had picked for Abby. Being the usual ham for the camera, he had a goofy look on his face, but I thought this was pretty adorable and sweet!

Head on over to The Studio Challenges to see the monochromatic layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have some time to join us for this challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment