Wednesday, August 21, 2019

You're Never Too Old For Toys - Scrap Our Stash

Hello, everyone! Happy Hump Day! I can't believe it is the middle of the week already. The weekend will be here before we know it!

It's time for the second half of the Scrap Our Stash design team to reveal their takes on the July - Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge today. Here is a look at the double-page sketch that we had to pick a side from:


Along with the sketch we have an added challenge to use 5+ patterned papers and twine on your layout. Here is what I came up with:


I used the left side of the sketch for my layout. It was perfect for the photos that I wanted to use.

I've used my August Counterfeit Kit that I put together for the first of the month. You can see my kit and read all about it here. All of the papers are from my kit with the exception of the red paper. I didn't have much red in my kit that didn't have pink it so I dug into my scrap box and found this red paper.

You can see my 5 different patterned papers in the photo below - a blue stripe, blue dot, arrow paper, red paper, and the fifth paper is found in the banner - a blue star paper. I punched 5 pinked edge circles from the different papers and folded them in half to create my banner


I punched a few tiny stars to scatter around the page. 

About the layout - these photos are from Scott's birthday last year. Matthew had come up with a great idea for a birthday present - a Deadpool figure - something that Scott always looked at but would never purchase on his own. Matthew knew it would look perfect in his Dad's 'Nerd Nook' (his gaming room). Scott was so surprised and thrilled with the gift. He even posted a photo of Deadpool standing beside his birthday cake with a caption of - "You're never too old for toys!" - which was the perfect title for this layout.

I love how this layout turned out and it just may be one of my favorites this year!

Head on over to Scrap Our Stash to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment