Sunday, August 11, 2019

Pretty Much The Best Thing Ever - The Studio Challenges Sketch Challenge

Good Sunday morning! I do hope you are having a good weekend. It's turned back hot and humid and days are being spent in the pool!

The Studio Challenges has a fun new sketch challenge posted today. This sketch was inspired by Lisa-Marie's layout from our Stars & Stripes challenge. You can see it here. Lisa-Marie had to step down from the design team so this sketch is a tribute to her.


Lisa-Marie is the queen of layers behind her photo, something I love but don't always do myself, and I had a lot of fun adding in a lot of layers on my layout.


I love this photo of Ada from last summer. I know, I say that all the time, but she is seriously cute! Her mom and dad had taken her to Itty Bitty City - a fun little play place that is just what its name implies - a little city. Inside are areas set up like different businesses. You can go into the grocery store and be a shopper or a cashier, there is a doctor's office, restaurant, a jail, a firehouse, a house...you name it and it's probably there. She had so much fun and you can tell by the look on her face that it was pretty awesome!

I used my August Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit for this layout. You can read all about it here. It was hard cutting into a couple of the 12x12 sheets just for little pieces, but I've had a lot of this paper for ages and sometimes all I need to do is cut into it to keep using it!

Here's a close-up of the layers:


I wasn't really sure where I wanted to add my journaling so I added a tag to slide in behind the photo.

Head on over to The Studio Challenges to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch Lori and they are great colours too, a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job w/ all the layering!

    ReplyDelete