Friday, October 4, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Forgeries on the Fourth

Hello, hello! Happy Friday to you! We have finally had a change in the weather and it's really starting to feel like fall! We went from 90 degrees on Wednesday to 67 degrees yesterday. Quite the change but it feels so good!


It's time for Forgeries on the Fourth over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today and this month's kit has some fun and easy pieces to counterfeit. Here's a reminder of the inspiration kit:

 

The inspiration kit and the add-on kits have quite a few circle pieces and hexagon pieces - something that October Afternoon did a lot of, too, back in the day. That means it is the perfect time to pull out those punches, dies, or die-cutting machines and make some for yourself!

I went through my scrap bag and found a few scraps that coordinated with the papers in my kit. I pulled out my circle and hexagon dies and went to work die-cutting a couple of each color/pattern that I picked out. Nothing fancy - just patterned paper - but those circles will make great cluster bases, or they can be cut in half for scallops, or they would just be a fun embellishment.


While I still had my scraps out, I pulled out my tab punch and punched a few out of each color. I also picked out a few word stamps and stamped them all out on a piece of white cardstock, leaving enough space between them so the tab punch would fit. A task that didn't take more than a few minutes and now I have a supply of goodies ready to go for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping my blog today. Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see the forgeries from the other Master Forgers.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Another great example of how simple is great! I ought to punch a bunch of circles which can only ever be useful and those tabs are also a great idea! Mmmm... thinking!

    ReplyDelete