Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Hello Sweet Reward - Sketch N Scrap #186

Hello, hello! Happy October 1st! It seems like it was no time ago that I was on here saying that it is September 1st. September went by so quickly and I know with the holidays coming up that the rest of the year will too.

Sketch N Scrap has a new sketch posted today. Lisa is getting us started with a fantastic multi-photo sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


The only thing that I changed up about this sketch was that I used 5 - 3x4 photos instead of 3 - 3x4 and 2 - 4x3. Since I had a little extra space on the bottom row of photos, I was able to add in a little journaling, too.

These photos were taken this summer when Abby, Ada, and I went to Springfield to see Matt's apartment. We stopped by McDonald's for a quick bite to eat. When we ordered, Ada was given a Lion King coloring page to color and a cup with about 5 crayons in it. When she was finished she could turn it in for a sweet treat. Well, Ada was not crazy about the crayon colors that she was given but she made the most of it and got the page all colored. Then she wasn't crazy about the idea that she actually had to give them her picture in order to get a treat. Abby and I both took pictures of her with her picture and she marched right up to the counter and got her sweet treat - an ice cream cone. She really enjoyed that sweet reward!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I used a couple of older collections from Simple Stories - Good Day Sunshine and Summer Vibes. I fussy cut the ice cream cone from one of the cut apart sheets for an embellishment.


I felt like the title area needed a little something extra and when I saw the "hello" banner I added it on top of the title. That didn't look right, either, so I punched one of the stickers that was a geotag (and way too big for the area as is) into a 3/4 inch circle and then turned it into a faux chipboard piece by punching 3 more 3/4 inch circles out of cardstock and gluing them together. I think it was just what that area needed.

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have some time to play along with us.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be right back with my Counterfeit Kit that I created for October.

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the sketch, the addition of the journal box is great to tell your story! I would have to do the same on this sketch as I ALWAYS take my pictures with a portrait orientation! I try and remind myself to change it up when taking pictures as it makes scrapping them all easier!

    ReplyDelete