Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Happy Halloween - Scrap Our Stash Saturday Cartoon Inspired Sketch Challenge

Hello and Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start. The weather has been beautiful - I mean who can complain about 72 degrees and full sunshine?! I hope we get to enjoy a lot more of these kinds of days before the cold weather moves in.

It's time for the second half of the Scrap Our Stash design team to share their take on the Saturday Cartoon Inspired Sketch Challenge. Here is a look at the sketch and the cartoon we were to be inspired by, and we also had the added challenge of using a scrapbook supply item for each of the letters in the word Casper:


Here is a look at my layout and the items are used are:
C - Cardstock, Circles
A - Arrows
S - Stamps, Scallops
P - Punches, Polka Dot Patterned Paper
E - Enamel Stars
R - Rhinestones


I have had this ghost paper from KI Memories in my stash for ages. I came across it this past year when I was going through and organizing all of my old patterned paper. I put it at the front of my Halloween papers so I would hopefully remember to use it. It is the perfect backdrop to these photos of Ada dressed up as Elsa for Halloween last year.

I also had a few scraps of Bella Blvd's old "Trick Or Treat" collection. The turquoise in this collection was a perfect match to Ada's costume. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I wanted to bring in a little dab of pink - mostly because of the hot pink trick or treat pail that Ada had in the photos. I did this by adding a few pink rhinestones into each cluster and to the little girl ghost's bow on the journaling card in the photo below.



I decided to pull out my stamps and use them for my title. This is from an older Close To My Heart stamp set - Cats &  Bats - cardmaking (Z4040). I just love that little bat, too.


Head on over to Scrap Our Stash to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you get a chance to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute layout, and a nice interpretation of the sketch. That ghost paper is perfect for this layout, and makes a nice background for the colours of the other papers, and for the little embellishments. That little Halloween journaling card is really sweet. Well done. TFS.

    ReplyDelete