Sunday, October 6, 2019

Oh, Hello - LM #467 - Torn Edges

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my reveal for The Studio Challenges, please scroll on down. 

Lasting Memories has a new challenge today. Our theme for October is "Mixed Bag" and our challenges will be a little mix of everything. Today's challenge is - Torn Edges - we want to see some paper tearing on your layout.

I have created a Traveler's Notebook spread for this week:


I have always loved the look of paper tearing on a layout but I don't always remember to do it. It is one of those old school techniques that kind of disappeared for a while. It seems like over the last several months I have been seeing more and more challenges for paper tearing so maybe it's making a comeback.

This spread is going in my '2018 Favorites' traveler's notebook. A lot of times I don't do a lot of journaling because these photos have already been scrapped in some other form and really there's not any big story to go along with this photo - Ada was just looking super cute in her Hello Kitty glasses that she got in a Happy Meal that day. 

I stamped the title using an older stamp from Close To My Heart - Hello Life - CC1041. I love the font of this stamp. I just used some scraps for this layout, but I do believe they were all from Close To My Heart. I searched my Dear Lizzy and Paige Evans sticker books for embellishments that would work for this layout. The colors in the flowers and hearts really do match the papers better than what it shows in the photos. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:



Head on over to Lasting Memories to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment