Saturday, October 12, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Back To The Good Old Days

Hello and Happy Saturday! I hope that your weekend is off to a good start! We have gotten a little taste of - dare I say - winter yesterday and this morning. I've gotta say, I'm ready for the warmer temperatures to return! I'm not quite ready for this chilly of weather.

It's time for the first challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenges today. Here's a reminder of the fun inspiration kit that MF Laura has chosen for us this month:



Here is a reminder of my kit for October based off of the inspiration kit:


Our first challenge is - Back to the Good Old Days! Since our inspiration kit is a bit of a throwback, we are going 'old skool' and we want you to scrap like you used to! Maybe you started out in one size and moved on to another, maybe you used to have a technique that you loved but haven't used in a while. Or maybe scraplift yourself by digging out an old layout that you love and base your layout on that. Get back to the heart of what you made you fall in love with scrapbooking.

When I first started scrapping back in 1998, I started out in the 8 1/2x11 size. After a handful of layouts had been made in that size I moved on to 12x12 and I haven't really scrapped in the smaller 8 1/2x11 size since. For this challenge, I have gone back to the smaller size and it was fun to change things up a bit! Here is what I came up with:


This is a layout of my grandma - or Hucky - as we all called her. These photos are from 1997 - the year before I actually started scrapping! When I came across these photos, I realized that I don't think I have ever made a layout of just Hucky. I haven't filled out the journaling yet...I'm trying to decide if I can fit everything that I want to say on that tag or if I'll just add the basic information to it and add more detailed information by way of hidden journaling.

I have always been a minimalist when it comes to embellishing my layouts. I mean I have to remind myself to embellish more on most layouts even now! I decided to stick with the minimalist approach for this challenge - and that was harder than it used to be!

It was fun to go back and scrap and a smaller size like I did when I started scrapping. A few more 8 1/2x11 layouts may start showing up in my albums in the future!

Head on over to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see how the other design team members went 'old skool'!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I like this page and the simplicity of the embellishing! Pretty colours. I've tried this size a few times and just couldn't get on with it - I think I tend to need a lot of space for all the "stuff" I like to put on my pages! But this page is very pretty and makes me wonder if I should give it another try!

    ReplyDelete