Saturday, August 8, 2020

Keepin' Cool - Scrap Our Stash - What's My Challenge

Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a good start! It's starting out a little rainy this morning but the sun is supposed to be shining by noontime. 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for the "What's My Challenge" challenge over at Scrap Our Stash! This month's challenge is to create a layout documenting a summer activity where you or someone else is trying to keep cool. For a little extra challenge, you are to include a sun embellishment and/or sun patterned paper. Here is the graphic for August:


I spent way too long looking for a sun patterned paper! I know I have a scrap of a Simple Stories paper with suns all over it, but I searched high and low and could not find it. Maybe I already used it - probably for the "backside" of the paper! I finally settled on just using a sun embellishment on my layout:


I came across these photos of Shane and Matthew playing in the little wading pools the first full summer we lived at our new place. We weren't quite ready for a big pool with the boys still being so little, so kiddie - or wading - pools for them! Abby wasn't too thrilled with that idea but she had fun with them anyway. I have photos of all of the kids playing in the pools but decided to make a layout of Shane first. He's just so cute in his baggy Lil' Swimmers pull up and I do think his favorite thing was getting in - and out - of the pool!

Here is a close-up of my sun embellishment - a Lawn Fawn metal die:


This is a pretty simple layout but I do love how it turned out!

Be sure to stop by the Scrap Our Stash blog to see how the rest of the design team took on this challenge. I hope you get a chance to play along, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a super Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the brightness and fun "feel" of this, Lori. It's just perfect. Amazing how almost all kiddos love the water; and our special kiddos, moreso than most! Noah loved the kiddie pool way back when, too, and the big one sure has his full attention on these hot summer days. Thanks for your wonderful pages. I love seeing them-- Keep up the great work! ~Ali

    ReplyDelete