Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #382

Hello, everyone! Tonight I am popping on here to share my take on this week's sketch challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. This week's sketch is such a great one and I am sure I will be using it again. Here's a look at the fun sketch:


When I saw the sketch I knew I would be trying my hand at one of the sunburst type cards. I've made a few of these over the last couple of years and I always struggle with them being cut perfectly. This time around I decided to embrace the imperfections and just roll with it!


Once again, my cuts did not want to meet up perfectly, so instead of recutting my papers, I distressed the edges of my paper pieces to give them an intended messy look!

For this card, I have used scraps from my Simple Stories - Summer Farmhouse - 6x8 paper pad. The sentiment stamp (S2005 Time To Celebrate) and flowers (CC5202 Beautiful day) are both from Close To My Heart. I then matted the front panel onto a piece of red cardstock.

Be sure to stop by Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge tomorrow to see the full design team reveal and last week's Top 3. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! And that Simple Stories collection is to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunburst came out perfect! I struggle with them too.

    ReplyDelete