Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #175

Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! I hope that you are having a good week. We have been having gorgeous weather for the last few days and I am really enjoying it! It's kind of getting me in the mood for fall!

It's time for the first card sketch of the month at Sketch N Scrap today, and Lisa has a great sketch to get the month started. It is one I can see myself using again!


I am really trying to make an effort to use my Great Stash Bash kit for this month. Since I had included the 6x6 paper pad, I thought I would use it for my card today. This is what I came up with:


These papers are from an older Simple Stories collection - A Charmed Life. I really love the green/blue/yellow color combo in this collection. When I cut one of the papers, the backside had one of the cut apart cards still intact, so I thought I would use it for my top layer. The lines aren't necessarily running the intended direction, and I covered up what was printed on the card with my flowers, but I think it looks okay!

I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts) with Outdoor Denim ink from Close To My Heart and matted it on a lighter blue paper. The yellows are showing up a bit more orangy/gold than what they are in person...I just couldn't get it to show true. I am so ready for my camera cord to get here...

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful cards from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your take on the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful job with the sketch Lori! Love this card!! Glad to see you using this kit and I am also glad this is an older line because it's one I never bought and now want after seeing all you have done with it and not being able to rush out to buy it is good as it will help me keep moving forward with my spending freeze for 2020!!

    ReplyDelete