Sunday, August 16, 2020

Ready For School - LM #511 - Back To School, Halloween, or Thanksgiving

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I do hope that you are having a good weekend. Ours has been pretty quiet - which is how I like them! Abby starts back to work this week for teacher workdays so I will have Miss Ada most of the week, then she will start first grade on the 24th. Everything is so up in the air right now and I am a bit nervous about them - and Matthew - all heading back to school and college.

Today I am sharing my take on this week's challenge at Lasting Memories. Our theme for August is - scrapping special events - and this week's challenge is Back to School, Halloween, or Thanksgiving. I still have quite a few photos from all of these events that need to be scrapped, but since the start of school is upon us, I went with that.


This photo is of Ada last year after they had bought all of the school supplies that she needed. Oh, how different things are this year! I will not have a photo like this one for this year - a few local churches went together and bought all of the school supplies that all of the kids need and the supplies will be ready and waiting for them on the first day of school. What a kind and generous thing for them to do!

For my layout, I used an older kit from The ScrapRoom from a year or two ago. The papers are from Echo Park's Back to School collection and the embellishments are from Doodlebug Designs School Days collection. 

Here are a few close-ups:



I just love these cute little die cuts! 

Be sure to stop by the Lasting Memories blog to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment