Thursday, August 6, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge August Mini Kit Reveal

Hello, hello! Happy Thursday to you! I do hope that you are having a good day!

Today I am here to share my Counterfeit Kit Challenge mini kit for August. And, you won't believe it, but I actually made a mini kit for once! Before we get to my kit, looks take a look at the inspiration kit that Master Forger Tina has picked for August - Hip Kit Club's August 2019 Main Kit:


This kit is filled with a lot of goodness but one paper really stuck out for me - and it's not one I would normally gravitate to when making a kit - so I thought I would run with it while the inspiration had hit. That paper is the house paper. Here is my page kit:


I knew I had a few different house papers in my stash and this one from Dear Lizzy's Lovely Day collection was the first one that I came across and it is the one I went with! I pulled three more papers, a stamp set, stickers, and enamel dots to complete my kit. Here's a closer look at the papers:


From left to right - navy paper - One Canoe Two Goldenrod - dark coral chevron - Pink Paislee's - Whimsical by Paige Evans, lt. coral - Crate Paper Willow Lane. Not a single paper from the same collection but they all coordinate very well.

From there I pulled my embellishments:


I started with the stamp set from Close To My Heart (The Great Indoors - CC5217) because I knew the story that I wanted to document has to do with the current situation with the pandemic. Then I pulled the sticker sheets from the Dear Lizzy sticker book that coordinated with the Lovely Day paper. I also pulled a few word phrase stickers, some puffy stickers, and a lot of enamel dots - mostly because I wasn't sure what colors I wanted. I added a couple of border stickers but ended up not using those. Everything else, I am happy to say, had something show up on my layout!

Here is my layout using my page kit:


I've been wanting to start documenting these crazy times and I have kept putting it off and putting it off but when I saw that house paper, I knew I wanted to use it to tell the story of how we've been affected by the pandemic - which at the time of these photos it was April 5th and we were two and a half weeks in, but really,  not a lot had changed for us - we are homebodies at heart and other than our weekly trips to town becoming fewer - it was pretty much business as usual. One thing that did change for all of us - Shane included -  was going out for a daily walk. We are lucky to live on almost 10 acres so it is pretty easy for us to get outside and still not be close to anyone else. I think we were all grateful to get outside of the house, even if it was for a small amount of time.

I managed to use all four papers on my layout and have enough scraps left over to make another layout or maybe a couple of cards. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:



The phrase stickers actually were labels but the colors didn't really match my layout so I cut the phrase portion out to use as just a phrase sticker.


I added a washi tape strip to the top of my journal box and layered another phrase sticker on top of it. The last word of my journaling also serves as my title at first glance and is stamped in outdoor denim ink from Close To My Heart. I then added a heart sticker in the middle of the "o".

I really love how this layout turned out and I am so glad that I am finally getting started documenting about this time in our lives. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the mini kit and project that Clair has put together this month.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely layout Lori. If is important to capture these memories.You did an amazing job with your layout. Great journaling! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete