Friday, September 18, 2020

Father's Day 2017 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #2 - Tic Tac Toe

 Hello, hello! Happy Friday, everyone! I hope that you have had a good week. Ours has been busy with Scott having Lasik eye surgery yesterday and getting everything ready for that. Hopefully, this weekend will be much quieter for us!

It's time for the second challenge at Counterfeit Kit Challenge today and Master Forger Cindy has a great challenge lined up for us! As a reminder - we are using the August 2020 Flavors of the Month kit from The ScrapRoom:


With a wide variety of elements in our kits, everything from animals to pencils, hot dogs to insects, hearts to zebras it may be a bit daunting to figure out where to start,  I made a Tic Tac Toe grid to get you going. I pulled items from each of the kits and the categories are listed with a few ideas following. Pick your row and tell us what you are using.

I haven't had a chance to play with my kit nearly as much I would have liked by now, so I was happy to pull out one of my page layout kits and put it to use. I chose to go with the middle row across - a shape - stars/hearts/banner/arrow, twine/doily/labels/tags/tabs, and BBQ or picnic items - which means I am using the Doodlebug page kit I had included.


I actually made a double-page spread! I've been trying to do a few more double-page layouts with some of my older photos or when I have quite a few photos from an event like this one. 

As the title says - this was Father's Day 2017. Abby and Shawn had gotten Scott a new grill for Father's Day. Shawn and Scott went to work putting it together and then we all enjoyed a great BBQ! The papers are embellishments in my kit were perfect for these photos.

To satisfy the challenge, I used hearts, labels and tabs, and BBQ items.

Here is a close-up of each page:


This side of the layout concentrates on what Ada got Pops for Father's Day - a special card that she drew for him and a "Grandpa" t-shirt - and the moment when he saw his "big" gift.

Here's a close-up of the title and journaling square:


I really like the way this turned out. That little grill doodlepop is so freakin' cute!

Here is the right side:


I am so happy to finally have these photos scrapped!

Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the layouts from the rest of the design team. If you play along with us, be sure to share it with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a fantastic day!


1 comment:

  1. Great layout Lori. I love the red and white gingham it screams picnic to me.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete