Sunday, September 20, 2020

Hey Dude - The Studio Challenges - Old Stash

 Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Sketch N Scrap reveal, please scroll on down.

I am so happy to be back creating for The Studio Challenges this week! I had needed a little time to get caught up on some other things and Anna graciously let me take the time I needed. So, let's get on with this week's challenge. 

This week is all about using that old stash on your layout - the older the better! This is what I came up with:

For my layout, I have used Pink Paislee's - Hey Kid - collection. It is not my oldest stash but it is from 2013, and 7 years is quite a while to hang on to scrappy stash! Of course, I'm pretty sure I bought the collection kit when it first came out and then the paper pad, too, so I have quite a few papers from this collection.

The photo is of Shane from 2005. He was maxin' and relaxin' - playing the PSP - after a long day in the pool. This is one of my all-time favorite photos of him!

Here are a few close-ups:


I used a circle die to cut out a few of my embellishments from the patterned papers. This "Hey Dude" embellishment is doing double duty and also serving as my title. 


After I had taken the photos I did write Shane's name and the date on the layout. As I said before, there is no big story to go along with the photo - it is just one of my favorites.


I love the way this layout turned out. It is definitely one of my favorite layouts that I have created lately.

Be sure to check out The Studio Challenges blog to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout Lori and your dude looks so little here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout....love the masculine feel!

    ReplyDelete