Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Great Stash Bash - September

Hello, again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal, please scroll on down.


I am back to share my September kit for The Great Stash Bash challenge that my friend Lisa and I have been doing this year. We have made it our mission to try to use up as much stash as we can this year. I am happy to say that I did fairly well last month. I made 4 different projects - 2 Traveler's Notebook spreads, a card, and a 12x12 layout with the older portion of my stash bash kit, and I made a 12x12 layout with my new portion of the kit. I still have plans for my kit so I will keep it handy for when I get a chance to play with it again.

Here is how The Great Stash Bash Challenge works:
On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created following that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kits as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month, we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash!
This will be a just-for-fun challenge so no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash? You never know - if we still have a few unused stash items after a few months, then those items may just go into a giveaway. We hope you will join us in our quest to bash some stash in 2020. If you accept the challenge to play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month!

Here is the September challenge graphic:


We will be creating a kit of 10 papers (7 papers that are 3 years or older and 3 newer papers), 5-7 scrap papers, four embellishments (3 that are 3 years or older, and 1 newer embellishment), and this month we will be concentrating on using up our round embellishments - think buttons, brads, flair, enamel dots, etc. 

Here's a look at my kit:


If these papers look familiar - it is because I used the same collections in my Counterfeit Kit for this month. I am really hopeful that between the two kits I will get these items used up!

Here is a look at the older portion of my kit:


I came across the Family & Co collection from Fancy Pants in my stash last month when I was putting my stash bash kit together and set it aside for this month. I knew the colors would be perfect for a variety of layouts - masculine, family, and fall. For my embellishments, I have included the chipboard alphas, the die-cut pack, and some wood veneer. I also came across another die-cut pack that was a little more generic and added it to my kit, as well. Just something to add a little more variety.

Here's a better look at the papers:


I plan on using both sides of the papers as much as possible as I love both sides of all of the papers!

Here are the scraps and what's left of the 6x6 paper pad:


For the "new" portion of this month's kit, I have used Simple Stories' - Summer Farmhouse collection:


I've added the die-cut pack and since we are working on using our round embellishments, I also went ahead and included the brad pack from this collection.

Here's a better look at the papers:


You can't go wrong with a floral, plaid, and dot paper!

Here are my scraps:


I also added the sticker book since it has a page of round stickers in it.

When I was putting together my kit I had forgotten about including round items and then when I went in search of them I didn't find too much that matched - at least not like I thought I would - so, I reserve the right to add any round embellishments to my kit as I come across them! Here's what I have so far, most will work with my kits, some will not, but I am ready to use up what I can!


I am excited to work with my kit this month and I hope to get lots for pretty projects made!

Now for the rules - Since this is a just for fun challenge the rules are not set in stone BUT we have them to help you focus on what really matters using your stash & to help spread the word of our fun challenge so others may join in!!  You know you have at least one friend who needs to use her stash!! 

Here are the rules: 
1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2020
Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the kit that I put together for her. I hope you are inspired to pull out some of your stash and play along with us this month. If you do play along with us - be sure to link up below. We would love to see your kits and your projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. This is a super cute kit Lori :) I like the vintage vibe to it :)

    ReplyDelete