Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The ScrapRoom July Shots of Life Kit - Week 20/2021

 Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope that you are having a good week so far. I am behind on my blog posts this month and thought I'd better get posting before the calendar rolls over to August. You should see a new blog post from me the rest of the week! July has been super busy with vacation, sleepovers with Ada, and trying to keep up with the garden. I would like to say that August will be slower but I know I will have Ada quite a few days out of the month before school starts back up so it might not slow down for me until September! 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using my Shots of Life Kit from The ScrapRoom. Here's a look at the kit:


I used the cut apart cards from Paige Evans and Pink Fresh and a piece of the "b" side of the Jen Hadfield paper on my layout documenting Week 20/2021. Here's a look at my spread:


Week 20 was the end of the school year for Abby and Ada, planting was starting in the garden, and Scott got a new vehicle. Here's a look at the left side of the layout:



For my title card, I cut a 4x6 piece out of the middle of the Jen Hadfield cut apart paper. I knew I wanted to use the rest of the paper for my "Mixing up the Kits" layout so I made sure to cut from the center. The journal bits from Pink Fresh that came in the kit are printed on one side and a solid color on the other, I used the "happy memories" piece and layered the purple banner piece on top. I fussy cut some flowers from the Pink Fresh paper for an embellishment. I pulled some puffy alphas from my stash and added one of the puffy hearts from the kit to finish it off. 


The top photo here is of Ada on her last day of 1st grade. The "smiles all around" card was perfect to go along with this photo. Ada had a check-up the very next day and Abby snapped a photo of them together, waiting to see the doctor. 


I used a piece of vellum over the top photo since it was a photo of Ada's 1st-grade class. Her teacher was chosen for teacher of the year and the school posted this photo of her with her class on Facebook announcing that she was the teacher of the year. Any time I see a photo of Ada and her class, I snag it!

The bottom photo is a picture of the tv with Monster's Inc. on. Scott and I were flipping through channels and got sucked into watching it. When the kids were little this was a movie we watched almost weekly. It had been ages since we had seen it and it was fun watching it again.  


I took this photo of Scott when he got home with his new van. With there being a used vehicle shortage we were lucky to find something that he was happy with so quickly. He was trying to decide what to name it and since the color of it is something like desert sand pearl, he tossed around Pearl and Sandy but didn't like either one of those. When I threw out Sahara - going with the sand/desert theme - or Jasmine (a nod to Aladdin) he immediately said, Jasmine. And it has stuck! Shawn has Jackie the Journey, Abby has Patty the Prius, and now Scott has Jasmine...looks like I need to name my car so it doesn't feel left out!

Now on to the right side of the spread:



We had to go back to Marshfield to pick up my car from the dealership. Before we picked it up, we headed over to Abby's to show them, Jasmine. It has been so long since Scott, Shane, and I all have been at their house together. I've been there several times, but it has been a couple of years since Scott and Shane visited them (#BecauseAutism). Ada was beyond thrilled! She took Pops on a tour of their whole house and was so happy to show off her playrooms. The visit went well - Shane was actually happy to visit a while - so hopefully this means we will be visiting more often!


We had such a cool and wet spring that we didn't get a chance to get started on planting the garden until May. Our green beans are already up and growing and Scott was working on the cucumbers in the above photo. I cut the "homegrown" piece out of one of the Pink Fresh cut part cards and added some tiny alphas from my stash to finish out the title.

We finally had a rain-free weekend to get the pool up and going for summertime. Gotta document that! It is a happy day in our house when the pool is all ready for the summer. 


For the last photo on this spread, I made a collage of three photos I snapped of Shane when we went for a drive in the new van. He was sitting in the front seat and I was in the seat behind him. I could see his face in the side mirror and he was smiling the whole time. For the journaling card, I added the half-circle puffy stickers that were included in the kit to make a little banner across the top. The journaling says - After Scott's old faithful van quit him last week - he spent this week looking for a new one. He found a couple online that he liked the looks of & headed out early on Friday to do some car shopping. He came home with this little gem - definitely an upgrade from his old faithful! It's nice to have a van with working air conditioning & one that all of the windows roll down again! And Shane is in love with it, too. When we took it for a drive he had a smile on his face the whole time. He loved to change the radio stations on the touch screen - a new little gadget for him to play with!

Everything on this layout is from the July portion of the Shots of Life Kit. I did use some white cardstock, purple and yellow scraps for matting, puffy alphas, small tile alphas, labels, die cuts, and a 6x4 lined journaling card. 
 
Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom blog for more inspiration using the July kits. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment