Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Constant Companion - Mixing the Kits with The ScrapRoom

Hello, hello! Happy Wednesday to all of you! I hope you're having a good day. 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for the "Mixing the Kits" post for The ScrapRoom blog. Here is a look at the kits that I used for my layout - the Shots of Life kit, Patterned Paper Kit, and the Embellishment Kit:




I really liked this month's sketch, so I based my layout on it. Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


I absolutely love this line from Jen Hadfield! The patterns and the colors in this collection are what I gravitate to so I was thrilled to see it in my kit this month. 

For my layout, I used the "B" side to Jen Hadfield's Reaching Out cut apart sheet and the washi tape from the Shots of Life kit, both of the Jen Hadfield papers in the Patterned Paper Kit, and the floral heart and "love" foam stickers from the Embellishment Kit. 

The first photo of Ada was taken when she was almost 5 months old and the second was just this past May - almost exactly 7 years later. Her "constant companion" is this little stuffed elephant - he rarely leaves her side! The first photo is the day she got him and she just happened to bring it with her for a visit this summer and I snapped a few photos of her playing with him. Being a lover of stuffed animals growing up - it makes me happy that Ada is the same!

Here are a few close-ups:


I fussy cut the flowers from one of the patterned papers to make a little cluster by the title. I used a stamped label and enamel hearts from my stash to finish out the cluster. The alphas were also from my stash. I wanted the washi tape to not fade into the background, so I added it to a piece of white cardstock and then trimmed it out.


Since the floral heart and the love sticker were both on foam I had to trim a little off of the back of the l so they would both be the same height.

Out of all of the Jen Hadfield goodies that were included in the Shots of Life Kit, the Patterned Paper Kit, and the Embellishment Kit, I only have half a sheet of paper and a 2-inch strip of paper, the washi tape, and a few of the foam stickers left. That may be enough for a card or two, I just need to get them made!

Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom blog for more inspiration using the July kits.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Love your LO, adorable pictures of your granddaughter: thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete