Sunday, July 18, 2021

Love Love Love This View - Lasting Memories #557

 Hello, hello! Happy Sunday to you! Two blog posts in two days...that hasn't happened in a while! Things have been kind of quiet around my blog lately, thanks to vacation, but I am hoping to post a little more often from here on out. 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for this week's challenge at Lasting Memories. Our theme for July has been - Layout Titles - and this week our challenge is to use the title - Love This View - on your layout. You can add more words to the title but you cannot use any less than what is provided.

Here is the layout that I created:


I based this layout on this sketch from PageMaps from November 2018:


I finally got around to using part of my February Stash Bash kit - it just took me five months to do it!  This kit has been on the side of my desk since February just waiting to be used. I even had these papers set aside for this particular photo. I don't know why it took me this long to get this photo scrapped, but I'm glad now that it did! This photo was perfect for this title challenge! 

I added a couple of extra "love" words because I really wanted to use that acetate piece for part of my title. All of the embellishments - except the doilies - were included in that kit and I really tried to stick with just what was in the kit. 

This photo is from last summer when Abby and Shawn took Ada camping at the lake. Abby snapped this photo of Ada looking out at the lake when they got to their campsite. It is just so cute!

Here are a couple of close-ups:



I have been looking for a "fat" heart punch for a while and I finally found one from Fiskars and I love it! I found it at Joanns and at the time it was on sale and a free shipping weekend so I got it for a great price - you can't beat that! It is called "Heart Confetti" and can be found here. The three sizes are perfect to add just a little something to your layout.

After adding the green word strip I felt like I needed a little more green around my layout and I didn't have anything - so I found a green tree on the sticker sheet that I know I will never use - so I used my punch and punched a few hearts to bring a little more of the green to my layout. 


Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment