Sunday, July 17, 2022

Good Times - Sketch N Scrap #253 and LM #608 - Spots and Stripes

 Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend. It's looking like next week is going to be super hot around here and that means I will be spending lots of time in my scrap room!

It's time for a new challenge at Lasting Memories and I actually found some time to play along! For challenge #608, Tracey is challenging us to use two of my favorite things - Spots and Stripes! I also used the July 15th sketch from Sketch N Scrap that I created! Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is my layout:


For this layout, I have used papers from Simple Stories' Family Fun collection that I included in my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Kit for July - particularly the spotty paper and the striped paper for the Lasting Memories challenge.

These photos are of Shane when we took him and Ada to Incredible Pizza last month. It's always a bit stressful when we take both Shane and Ada to a new activity - we never know how Shane is going to react - but there was no need to worry, he remembered this place the second we pulled into the parking lot, even though we hadn't been there for close to 15 years. We could tell by the big smile on his face! 

We all had so much fun that day! We were a little worried because the last time we were here his preferred activity was playing skee ball. They have gotten rid of all but two of the lanes and one of those was being worked on. No need to worry - he was happy to shoot baskets and play a bowling game - his absolute favorite. As soon as the game was over, he was reaching for the card to scan it and get the game going again!

The photos aren't the greatest - it was pretty dark inside the arcade area - but I don't even cared! They definitely tell a story. I've had these photos on my desk for a couple of weeks and he comes in and tells me - Shane loves that bowling!" - and he will just look at the photos for a while. That lets me know that he really loved that visit to Incredible Pizza!

Hre are a couple of close-ups:


I used one of the foam word stickers for my title and added a couple of stars that I die cut behind it, and I added a phrase sticker to the stars. I also added a phrase sticker and puffy bowling pin to the two photos of Shane bowling.


For this cluster, I layered up a couple of banner pieces, a ticket piece from the ephemera pack, and added a puffy camera sitcker and die cut star.

For this bottom cluster, I added another star, a foam sticker, and puffy bowling ball and pins - since that was Shane's favorite game. I also added a journaling box under the photos.

This layout was so fun to work on - mostly because I know that Shane will love looking at!

Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories to see the "Spots and Stripes" layouts from the rest of the design team. There is so much inspiration over there! We would love it if you played along with us!

Head on over to the Sketch N Scrap blog and the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page for tons of inspiration using our monthly sketches. I would love to see your takeon the sketch, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Love this layout! I have been waiting to see what you would do with that collection because I knew it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, What a great page- love the brights, puffies & pics with Shane looking so pleased & happy! Yes, I can imagine Shane will love looking @ this LO. I understand abt you guys wondering how he'd "take" the changed game situation, & worrying it would be an issue, & then it being FINE. I seriously do think we live in a parallel Universe: Noah loves to bowl & did Unified Basketball thru Special Olympics @ his high school x3 years! (We are NOT a sporty family but he loved Phys.Ed. too! LOL) Noah will be doing both bowling & Basketball next year in his "Transition Year" when we get to set up a daily/weekly schedule for him that will be similar to what life looks like after his final year in HS. This will involve work, recreation and social activites. (He graduated THIS year, tho'.) Wonderful page, made me smile big-time. The way our kids w/ Autism love seeing photos & Sb pages like this is always a big part of my "why". Keep up the wonderful documentation & regular blog posts. I love your work so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you all had fun!! So glad Shane was able to get out and experience this fun place again!! Your layout is so adorable! That large title is so perfect for these photos!!

    ReplyDelete