Sunday, July 10, 2022

TN Time With Lisa & Lori July Challenge

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. After a brutally hot week last week, we had just a touch of a cool down yesterday - and a break in humidity - and we were able to open up the windows late yesterday afternoon and it was cool enough we were able to sleep with them open. It's been wonderful to wake up to the birds chirping and the cool - fresh air. I'm sure the air will be back on early today - we are supposed to hit 91 today - but I will take the fresh air as long as I can!

It is time for TN Time With Lisa & Lori's July challenge today. Here is how our challenge works - this is a just-for-fun monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you complete just Lisa's sketch challenge, link up over on her blog - My Creative Endeavors. If you combine both challenges - be sure to link up on both Lisa's blog and here on my blog.

Here is my July challenge:

For my July challenge, all you need to do is add a flower - or flowers - to your layout. This could be an embellishment or floral paper.

Here is the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us to use:


And this is what I came up with - using both my challenge and Lisa's sketch:


For this month's layout, I am working on my 2022 Life Crafted album. Scott took this photo of Ada and me when we went to Bennett Spring. It was a beautiful day and we had so much fun exploring the park. The water at the spring was so clear on this day and such a pretty turquoise blue.

I used scraps from my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Kit from February. I had included Cocoa Vanilla's These Days collection in that kit and the small floral scrap paper and mint green scrap paper were both in a page protector with the kit. I managed to use both sides of each scrap and am happy to say that I did not add any scraps back to the page protector!

To satisfy my challenge - I used floral paper and I fussy cut flowers from one of the other papers for my embellishments. I did use Lisa's sketch, I just changed the tag/pocket to a cut-apart card. I wasn't going to add any journaling - there's not too much that needs to be said - but now I think I will at least add where we were to the layout - probably in the white area of the left page. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I added foam tape behind the blue/green flower in this cluster and added a few puffy hearts around it. 


And here it is in my album:


I love these albums and that you can add your layout directly into the album or you can slip your pages directly into page protectors. 

Be sure to head on over to Lisa's beautiful blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see her take on this month's challenge. We hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!

Now, even though this is a just-for-fun challenge we do have a few rules:

1. Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2. Create a new, not previously posted project.
3. You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4. If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5. You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6. You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout Lori! I ALMOST used the same papers as I had scraps left over from last months Great Stash Bash kit lol! Love that you substituted a quote card for the pocket! I have so many of those cards I need to use up, I might use the sketch again and steal that idea!!

    ReplyDelete