Friday, July 1, 2022

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash July Kit


Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! I cannot believe that 2022 is halfway over. Hubby is officially on vacation and even though we don't have any big plans - you better believe we will be enjoying every minute of it.

It is time for a new Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Kit for July and I cannot wait to dive into mine and get some layouts made! Before I get to my kit, I will give a little update on how I did with my June kit. I only managed one 12x12 layout and two traveler's notebook layouts - one of which I just realized I never shared - and a card - which I also never posted on here. I will once again keep this kit out and see if I can't get at least a couple more projects made from it before I break it back down and put it back in my stash.

Now, let's have a look at my July kit. If you are new here or haven't heard about Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash Kit - here is all you need to know about it! Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash is a challenge that my good friend Lisa and I do every month in an attempt to get our stash used up. We pull items from our stash based on a "recipe" (which you will see below) and use those items throughout the month.

Here is our "recipe" for July:


Our "recipe" is to pull 10 patterned papers from our stash, 5-7 scraps, 3-4 embellishments, and we always have a focus item for the month and this month that item is stickers.

For July, I have made up two mini-kits and I have two layouts planned for each kit. We'll see if I can get another project or two made from the scraps, too. I have big plans - I just have to make myself stick to them!

Here is kit #1:


This kit is made up of Simple Stories' Family Fun collection. A few weeks ago we took Ada and Shane to Incredible Pizza for an afternoon of good food and fun and I thought this collection would be perfect for the photos that I took that day. 

Here are the papers that I have picked out:


Since Incredible Pizza has lots of arcade games, I tried to stick with the papers that were geared more towards those types of games and the more basic designs. A couple of the papers have the cut-apart cards on the opposite side and the ticket paper has the look of an old arcade game on it. I plan on using the sides shown above, but I always have the option to use the 'b' side if needed.


I "may" have gone overboard with the embellishments here! I'm pretty sure I have everything from this collection except the chipboard. I won't come close to using all of this but I have plenty to pick from! I added the tag paper from this line - whether I use it or not, well, we'll just have to see. I also included the stamps. There are several in this set that would work great with what I have planned - it will just come down to how much time I have to stamp - or if a sticker/die-cut would just be easier!


I did include a few scraps. I thought I could use more of the yellow and the minty-green color on Ada's layout from that day.


I also added a few enamel shapes to my kit. Not everything with match, but I'll use what I can.

Here is kit #2:


For this kit, I have once again pulled papers from Echo Park's Away We Go collection. I used different papers from this collection for my kit back in April.  If I'm able to make a layout or two with these papers I will have put a pretty good dent into what I bought.

Here are the papers:


I love, love, love the colors in this collection! Pink and navy with a bit of yellow and minty-green...yes, please!

Here are the embellishments:


I have the sticker book from this collection and I added a set of label stickers and more enamel shapes. These enamel shapes are mostly from kits from The ScrapRoom that I didn't get used up yet. I am hoping to get quite a few of the loose ones used up so I don't lose them!

Here are the scraps that I included for this kit:


I couldn't decide which I might want to use - the luggage paper, the striped paper, or the paper with the arrows, so I included them all and will decide when I put the layout together. 

Our focus item for July is 12x12 stickers. 


I only have the one 12x12 sticker sheet but I also have a couple of sticker books and that label sticker sheet to use. 

That is it for my kit! I already have my photos printed off that I am going to use and I hope to sit down this weekend and get some scrapping done!


Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has pulled together for this month. 

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a fantastic day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. What fun kits Lori! I remember taking Jake to Incredible Pizza when he was little, it was so fun, but I don't believe I ever took pictures, the lighting was just not that great but maybe I need to look back and see if I did!! Enjoy your vacation! I can't wait to see what you create with your fun kits!

    ReplyDelete