Friday, July 22, 2022

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #222

Hello, hello! Happy Friday to you! I hope that you are staying cool in these hot temperatures. We hit 101 degrees on Wednesday - the first time we've been over 100 for an actual temperature for quite some time. The forecast has this heat hanging around until later next week...even the swimming pool feels more like a warm bath instead of a cool refreshing swim! I think the water temperature on Wednesday evening was 90 degrees.

Today I am sharing the card that I created using card sketch #222 from Sketch N Scrap.  Here is a look at the sketch:


I decided that since so many people were doing Christmas in July that I would join in and get a start on my Christmas cards for this year. This is what I came up with:


I used a 6x6 paper pad from Pebbles called Merry Little Christmas for my card. I embossed the front panel with my swiss dot embossing folder and then ran an ink pad (Studio Calico's Glass Slipper) over the embossed dots to add a bit of color. I cut a few strips of patterned paper, mounted that cute little hedgehog on a piece of white cardstock and again on a piece of dark green paper, and gave him some dimension with a little bit of foam tape. I added a few gold metallic stars to finish off my card. 

I love how this turned out and I am so happy to have a Christmas card all ready to go out this year!

Here is a close-up:

Be sure to stop by the Sketch N Scrap blog to see how the rest of the design team took on this sketch. I would love to see your take on it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment