Thursday, July 28, 2022

Heart's Quest Challenge Blog - Color Heart Challenge #6 - Photo Inspiration

Hello, hello! Happy Thursday to you! I hope you are having a good week. It's been another hot week around here but there is the promise of rain and a cool down the next few days. I sure hope so on both counts!

I am so happy to be back as a guest designer at Heart's Quest Challenge Blog today! Becca has come up with another fun challenge for us to use for Color Heart Challenge #6 - a photo inspiration challenge! 


The challenge is to use at least 2 different colors of hearts in a grid pattern on your project - and remember - your project can be anything from a traveler's notebook layout, a scrapbook layout, a card, a bookmark, a tag, an ATC, etc. 

This is what I came up with:


I loved the look of the hearts in the inspiration piece - all lined up with lots of dimension - and I recreated that on the right side of my traveler's notebook layout. I used more than 2 colors of hearts on my layout and they are all in a pretty tight grid. 

This photo is of Scott and me at Bennett Spring back in June when we took Ada and Shane to see the fish. I made sure to snap a photo of us together. I like to try to take at least one photo of us together each month. Some months I do really good at remembering and other months...not so much. I have a traveler's notebook from 2021 that I started documenting photos of just us. I need to figure out if I will have enough room in it to add my 2022 photos or if I need to start a new notebook for 2022. Right now this layout is hanging out in my Life Crafted album until I figure it out!

For this layout, I have used Simple Stories' Homespun 6x6 paper pad - and to be more exact, I used only scraps from that paper pad! I don't have any embellishments or any 12x12 papers from this collection - just the 6x6 paper pad, but I made it work by fussy cutting a few elements and the phrase stickers from Simple Stories' So Happy Together collection matched well enough for me to add them.

Here is a close-up of the cluster on the left page: 


I punched the four hearts from one of the 2x2 squares that were on one of the cut-apart papers into a circle and added it to a larger navy circle. I fussy cut the camera and the "picture perfect" phrase from another one of the squares. I did add a bit of foam tape to the circle for some dimension. It's pretty thin foam so it doesn't add too much bulk, but it does add a little interest. 

Here is a look at the right-hand page of hearts:


It felt so good to use only scraps on this layout - and believe me -  I had plenty to die-cut all of these hearts from! I decided to sew a line down the center of the hearts so the sides would be free to fold up just a bit. In the grand scheme of things - unless I add foam tape under each side of the hearts - they will be flattened out in whatever album I decide to use. I still like the look of the stitched lines and I'm happy that I took the time to do it.

Be sure to check out the Heart's Quest Challenge Blog and play along with this challenge. The deadline to enter is August 13th at 12:30 AM Central Time.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Your GD project is fabulous! I'm glad you've been taking time to document just the two of you. It will be a keepsake treasure for your children and grandchildren down the road. Using lots of scraps is a great feeling! Feels like a huge accomplishment! Thanks for crafting another marvelous TN layout to be featured at Heart's Quest!!! Hugs! --Becca

    ReplyDelete