Monday, May 1, 2023

Summer Vibes - Sketch N Scrap #272

 Hello, everyone! Happy Monday and Happy May 1st! I cannot believe that it is already May. The days are getting warmer and that makes me so happy. Bring on summer!

The first of the month means that there is a new sketch challenge at Sketch N Scrap today, and I am playing along! Here is the sketch that Lisa has created for us to use:


When I saw that row of tags, I knew I would be using one of the tag papers from a Simple Stories collection. I decided to go with the Sunkissed collection since I am trying to use up some of my older summer collections before I dive into my new ones. Here is what I came up with:


I have never scrapped these photos of Ada from the summer before she started school (2019). One of the items on her bucket list for that summer was to go to the "big" pool, so the weekend before school started, Abby took her for the afternoon. It was a beautiful, but hot, day - perfect for spending the day in the water, and Ada enjoyed every minute of it.

Besides the background paper and the tag paper, I was able to use all scraps on this layout. It always makes me happy to be able to use up scraps instead of cutting into another piece of paper.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


That cute little sunshine was one of the 2x2 squares on one of the cut-apart papers that I used a circle punch to cut into the circle. I added in a yellow brad and a few enamel dots to finish out that little cluster. 

For this cluster, I used stickers from both the sticker sheet and the sticker book, another 2x2 square punched into a circle shape, another brad, and a few more enamel dots. 

 Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog for more inspiration from the design team. 


Don't forget - Sketch N Scrap is celebrating its 11th birthday the whole month of May, so be sure to check the blog, the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page, and the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges group often for all of the fun! We hope you find some time to play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Kit post!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Lori! I love this collection, the colors are so happy! Great idea to punch the 2x2 square into a circle to fit your needs, I need to remember that idea!

    ReplyDelete