Saturday, May 13, 2023

Sketch N Scrap's 11th Birthday Bash Sketch #1

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that your weekend is off to a good start. 

Today I am sharing the sketch and the layout that I created for Sketch N Scrap's 11th Birthday Bash! This is the first of three new sketches this month to celebrate eleven years of providing free sketches to our loyal readers.

Here is the sketch:


And my layout:


For this layout, I used Echo Park's Little Dreamer - Boy collection. This photo is of Shane when he was not quite two. We were at my sister's house and he was just chillin' out on their big oversized ottoman. From the looks of it, he is probably watching a video or cartoon on tv. This photo was taken about 22 years ago and it seems like it was just yesterday! My how time has flown by!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I did a bit of stamping on this layout. The white of the background paper just needed a little extra something. I die-cut several stars and fussy cut out a speech bubble for my embellishments.


I added phrase stickers to serve as journaling. The sticker book had the little star stickers in it, and I thought they would make cute little bullet points. I may go ahead and add some handwritten journaling down by the stamped stars at the bottom of the page if I feel like it needs it. 


The title piece was in the die-cut pack and I thought it was perfect for the title. I added a few more die-cut stars and called it good. I can't believe I didn't even add enamel dots on this one!

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog to see more inspiration from the design team. We hope you play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Time flies, look at that sweet cutie that has grown up to be such a handsome young man!! I love this layout Lori and this sketch, I can't wait to use it to document a photo of Violet in NICU that I have. The stamping looks great, you have inspired me to try that on a layout soon! Thanks for such great inspiration in your layout and your sketch!

    ReplyDelete