Friday, May 26, 2023

Hello Summer - Sketch N Scrap's 11th Birthday Bash Sketch #2

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! We have made it to the long holiday weekend - the unofficial kick-off to summer! Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Today the girls - Abby, Ada, and myself - are headed to Branson for a girl's day. I will be stopping by Cecilia's Samplers to do a little cross-stitch shopping and then we are headed to WonderWorks. Ada went there for her class trip earlier this month and wanted to go back, so we are headed there today. Later this weekend we will be helping Abby and Ada move, and for the rest of the weekend, we will be resting!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using Sketch N Scrap's 11th Birthday Bash Sketch #2. Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


This was such a fun sketch to work with! I love all of the layers and it is a great sketch to showcase a special photo. I used my May kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash for this layout, and I even managed to get a couple of items from my bashket onto this layout.

The photo is of Ada and Pops two summers ago - living their best life - jumping into the pool. They always have so much fun in the pool! I will add a bit of journaling under the photo. 

The papers from this Simple Stories 'Summer Vibes' collection are so fun to work with. I did add a little stenciling to the white background paper. I felt like it was just too plain without something on it. I'm not the greatest at stenciling but I am happy with the results.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


For this cluster, I punched a circle for my cluster base, added a chipboard camera with another chipboard circle on top of it, and another chipboard circle to the side. All of these chipboard pieces were in my bashket. I added three phrase stickers and a few circle stickers from the sticker sheet to finish it off.


The title came from the sticker sheet and the flags were in my bashket.  They were the perfect shade of pink and I am so happy to get two more of them on a layout!

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog and the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges Facebook group for all of the fun that we have been having this month. We would love to see you playing along, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment