Thursday, May 4, 2023

Life Is Better With You

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! I hope you are having a good week. It's finally starting to warm back up around here and there is even talk of us reaching the 80s this weekend. Looks like it will be time to get the pool all ready for the summer season!

Sketch N Scrap is celebrating its 11th birthday all this month, and every Tuesday and Thursday one of the design team members will be picking a past sketch and challenging you to use it. Today is my day! I have picked Sketch #125 from March 15, 2017:


I love the big blocks of paper and the strip of photos on this sketch - and it has a great space for journaling, too!


For my layout, I have used the Pet Shoppe collections from Simple Stories. I love several of the papers in this line. A few of them are heavy on the pet theme but the majority of them can be used for anything. And the colors are right up my alley!

These photos are of Ada and our new puppy Finnegan. The minute Ada walks through the door Finnegan is attacking her with puppy kisses and he is stuck to her like glue until she goes home. Wherever she goes, he is never far behind her. They both just go, go, go all the time, and when Ada leaves, he is one tired puppy! He loves her with his whole heart and I think she is pretty smitten with him, too. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I put my bashket to use on this layout. I managed to use the washi tape strip with the cameras, the enamel hearts that I added this month, the chipboard half circle, and the label sticker that says, "You're one in a million."    

I messed up on my journaling - omitting a word - but it was an easy fix. I just added a scrap of the same paper on top of it and wrote on top of that. You can tell it in the photo above, but in person, you really have to look at it to see it. 


I did pull a few phrase stickers from the collection and the enamel dots to add to my layout.

Be sure to head over to the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges private Facebook group for all of the fun. I am offering a prize this month so head on over and check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment