Monday, May 1, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash May Kit

Hello, again! I am back with my second post of the day. May is looking to be a busy month for me scrappy wise so maybe I will be posting here a little more often this month.

Today I am happy to be sharing my May kit that I put together for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. I did not have as much scrappy time last month as I would have liked, so I did not get much of my kit used. I made a 12x12 layout and a traveler's notebook layout last month, and I used up two sheets of paper. I did use up quite a few of the scraps that I included, so that is good. I didn't even touch my "summer" kit that I had put together but I do have big plans for it this month. 

Now, on to my May kit. If you don't know what Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash is all about - here is how it works - On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects.  This year we have added a bashket challenge to our kit challenge. Every month we pick 10 items that we want to get used up this year in a basket. We try to use as many of those items as we can during the month. If we don't use them all then those items stay in the basket and at the beginning of the next month, 10 more items are added. The object of the challenge is to try to keep your basket from overflowing!

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month. 

Here is the "recipe" for May:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers, and our focus item for May - which is cut-apart cards/Project Life cards.

Don't forget to pick your 10 items for your bashket!


Here is the kit that I have pulled for May:


I am still trying to use up some older summer collections, so for May I have pulled the 2015 Summer Vibes collection from Simple Stories. This was back in the day when Simple Stories had all the cut-apart papers - 3x4, 4x3, 4x4, 4x6, 6x4, 6x8, 6x12...so many cut-apart papers. I thought since our focus item for May is cut-apart cards that this would be a great collection to focus on.

Here is a look at the papers:


I just had three full sheets of non-cut-apart papers - those are the dots, bold stripes, and hello papers -so I pulled quite a few papers that would be good for backgrounds or layering papers.

Here is a look at our focus item - the cut-apart papers:


I have so many ideas for these papers, I just hope I have the time to scrap this month!

Here are my embellishments:


I went ahead and left the cut-apart papers in with my embellishments because there is a lot that I can fussy cut or use as titles if I so choose. This was also back when you got two sticker sheets - an alpha sheet and an icon sheet. I added in some metal dies that I would like to try and use this month, a heart punch, wood veneer, and enamel dots.

Here are the scraps that I added:


And my bashket items:


I tried to pull items that would work well with my kit:

1.) 3 - chipboard frames from an older Simple Stories collection

2.) A few pennant flags that matched the colors in my kit (2013)

3.) Enamel Shapes from an older Jillibean Soup collection

4.) A package of Simple Stories Snap cuts (2013)

5.) Word Stickers from My Mind's Eye in yellow

6.) 5 flair pieces that have not rusted (at least not yet!)

7.) A package of green "tacks" from Chatterbox (there is no date on these but I know they are from the early 2000s

8.) Word Stickers from My Mind's Eye in red (2012)

9.) A set of grey buttons from Studio G (2012)

10.) Chipboard alphas from Studio G (2013)

I am so stinkin' excited to get started with my kit this month - I just hope that I have the time to scrap with it!

Now, head on over to Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has pulled together for this month. 

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Amazing kit Lori! I still have that collection, and just love it, which I guess is why I have been hoarding it! I can't wait to see what you create with this fun kit!

    ReplyDelete