Monday, December 17, 2018

A Few Of My Favorite Things - Sketches In Thyme #353

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! Christmas is a week away...are you all ready for it? I still need to pick up a couple of little things, but for the most part I am ready!

Today is my day to be featured over on the Sketches In Thyme blog using Sketch #353, courtesy of Brenshevia. Here's a look at the sketch:



I rotated the sketch to make it work with the photos that I wanted to use. Otherwise, (other than adding in the tags) I stuck closely to the sketch.

I've used all paper scraps - except for the background, of course - on this layout. I know they are from an older Bella Blvd collection, but I cannot remember which one. I kept this layout pretty simple - only adding hearts and a few "dots" around the title, and then the added tags. I needed somewhere for my journaling and I decided to go with some journaling by way of the tags.

I chose these photos to go along with the Lasting Memories challenge this week which is to create a layout about your favorite holiday items, or holiday collections. These little wooden reindeer and Rudolph book are just a couple of my favorite holiday decorations.

The reindeer were made by my Mom and Dad close to 20 years ago. Dad cut out all of the wood pieces and then my Mom stained and painted them. Now that Mom is gone, they are very near and "deer" to my heart and I love displaying them during the holiday season.

The Rudolph book is my hubby's that he has had since he was a little boy. It is in really great shape with just a little wear on the top of the spine. Another fun decoration to pull out every year.

Be sure to stop by Sketches In Thyme for more design team inspiration every single day of the week! We would love it if you played along with us and there is a fun little prize up for grabs, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment