Saturday, May 18, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #2 - Dream On

Hello, everyone! Good Saturday morning to you! I hope that your weekend is off to a good start. It's looking like it may be a little on the rainy side around here today...I guess we will see.

It's time for the second challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge.
Here's a reminder of the inspiration kit for May:


And here's a reminder of my kit:


Challenge #2 is "Dream On" and Leslie provided us the following image and quote for inspiration:


Dreams are the seeds of change.
Nothing ever grows without a seed,
and nothing ever changes without a dream. - Debby Boone

When I saw the image I knew immediately which photos I wanted to use. I have had these photos of Ada - picking dandelions and making wishes - for two years now, and have been waiting to find the perfect time to scrap them. When I saw the above photo it gave me the push I needed to get it done.

Here is what I came up with:


This dandelion stamp set was the one that had gone missing when I made my kit and luckily I uncovered it when I cleaned my scrap room! It was perfect for these photos. Here's an up-close look at the stamping:


Abby had posted these photos of Ada on Facebook with the caption "Picking dandelions and making wishes"...it just doesn't get any better than that! Ada has always thought that dandelions are a pretty flower and she loves when they start popping up each spring. In fact, I got a few more photos of her this spring making those dandelion wishes!

Here's another close-up:


One of the main reasons that I think I haven't scrapped these photos before was because I couldn't find the "perfect" papers to scrap them with. That's the great thing about working from a kit - you work with you have in the kit and that eliminates a lot of indecision!

 Since Ada thinks dandelions are beautiful flowers, I thought this floral paper from my kit was perfect to pair up with the dandelion stamp. Everything on my layout came from my kit. I did have to stamp a red label because all of the blue labels I added to my kit were the wrong color of blue. That always helps speed up my process - when I have everything right there together.

Be sure to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see how the rest of the design team was inspired by photo/quote. 

We would love to see your kits and your projects that you make with your kits - so be sure to share with us over on the blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, lovely that you had the perfect photos for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete