Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Sketch N Scrap #177

Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! We have made it to the middle of the week and are headed fast for the weekend!

It's the middle of the month and that means we have a great new sketch for you at Sketch N Scrap. Heather has created a fun 2-photo sketch for us:


I was going through some older photos this past weekend and came across these photos of Ada at 9 months and thought it was about time to get them scrapped!


Every month since she was born, we made sure to have a little photo shoot. I do believe that besides her 1-year photos that I have scrapped all of the other months - I'll have to double check. I think I was putting off scrapping these because the photos I took specifically for her 9 months photos were not that great! If memory serves me right she was teething and not feeling so great in the afternoon. I had snapped these photos of her earlier that morning when she was playing and looking so sweet, so I decided to use them instead!

I left my journaling for now - until I can get with Abby to get all of the specifics. I know her weight, height, she was starting to pull up to things, had 2 bottom teeth, etc. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I put it on there. 

For my layout, I have used Close To My Heart's - Gimme Some Sugar - papers. The pink in the patterned papers is so pale that it was hard to get a photo that showed the true colors. One of the papers has these cute white flowers all over it, so I mimicked that with some die cut flowers for my layout. I inked the edges to help them stand out a little more from the background, and I punched a few black dots for the centers. I love the way they turned out!


I don't do this very often, but I used the date for my title. I could have easily used "9 Months" for my title, but I picked up these number stamps from Illustrated Faith from Tuesday Morning a while back and was looking for an excuse to use them! I just wish they had the alphabet stamps in the same font!


Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

  1. She is such a cutie! Great job with the sketch, love these flowers and the stamped title!

    ReplyDelete