Sunday, May 19, 2019

LM #447 - Stamp Your Stash - Sentiment Stamps

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my reveal for The Studio Challenges, please scroll down. 

It's time for a new challenge at Lasting Memories! Our theme for May has been "Stamp Your Stash" and we have been using stamps on our layouts all month long. This week's challenge is to use those sentiment stamps. 

When I saw this challenge I knew I would be using a birthday set to create my layout. Here's a look at my traveler's notebook spread that I created:


Here is the stamp set that I used - Close To My Heart's - Birthday Time (S1803). I used a few of the stamps in this set for my embellishments, too. 


These are photos of Ada's birthday last year and this spread will go into my 2018 52 Favorites traveler's notebook.

I had an extra photo and I want to do some journaling about the day, so I created a hidden element (perfect for my TN Time With Lisa & Lori May Challenge going on now!) by creating a fold-out flap:


This was one of those days that we had looked forward to, but when you have a child with autism, sometimes special days can be hard! We had told Shane that we were going to Ada's birthday party that day, but we changed things at the last minute by going to pick Matthew up for the party - something we did not prepare - or warn - Shane that we would be doing. He wound up having a major meltdown, Matthew didn't even come home with us, and we got to stay at Ada's party maybe 10 minutes before we had to leave because he was headed for another meltdown - and those are never fun, but even worse when you are in a house full of people.

Luckily, my sister was there and took lots of photos for me so at least I didn't miss out on those. 

I don't want to dwell too much on that aspect of Ada's special day, but I do want to let her know that we were there in spirit.

Here are a couple of close-ups:



Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories to see the beautiful layouts from the design team. I hope you have a chance to pull out those stamps and play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. What a neat stamp set to use for sweet Ada's bday. Great idea for journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job using your stamps! I love the TN pages you have been doing, Lori. Have never done those. Always love your posts and read every one: your SB'ing kits, LOs and cards/TN spreads make me smile- you are so inspiring! Sorry have not been able to leave a comment on each post- need to try harder. (I am a Chrome user and to comment on blogs need to switch to, and use IE! Crazy!) Great stamp set, too, BTW! Love CTMH. Again, super job!! TYFS! :) :)

    ReplyDelete